Control and Instrumentation for
2Mtonne Coal Handling and Storage System at Petacalco, Lazaro Cardinas, Mexico
Coal terminal with 2 Mtonne stockyard and overland coal conveyors to serve a large coal-fired power station.
PLC based control systems for ship unloaders, stacker/reclaimer machines and conveying systems with intermediate storage for coal and return ash.
SCADA system for overall supervision of materials handling, weighing and blending. Monitoring of electrical distribution system and piped services across the 5 km site.
- Independent Engineer with responsibility for control systems and instrumentation
- Review of scheme design and basic design for control of plant packages and coal conveyor systems
- Witnessing factory acceptance tests
- Audits during the installation phase
- Assessment of stored equipment re suitability for re-use
- Witnessing commissioning tests
- Review of documentation.