Relocation of a 48-inch Pipe Mill
from Mexico to Saudi Arabia
The mill is a large manufacturing facility with an enclosed area for production equipment covering approx. 60 000 square metres.
Equipment - some refurbished, some newly purchased - is installed to cut steel plates to size, press them into shape
(using presses of up to 29 000 metric tonnes), weld them, expand them to true circular cross-section and test them under
Automatic test equipment was provided for ultasonic and x-ray testing of pipes to meet current oil
Larger plant items were provided with new PLC systems with SCADA HMI as part of the upgrading process.
- Scheme design of control systems and plant-wide Level 1 network
- Specification of control system and SCADA monitoring system for plate & pipe transport throughout the facility, including detailed FRS
- Specification for control systems for presses and expander
- Tender assesssment
- Technical liaison throughout manufacturing phase
- Detailed design of modifications to UST and X-Ray test stations, cable schemes and schedules for test stations, presses and the mechanical expander.
- Witnessing Factory Acceptance Tests
- Detailed interface schematics for complete integration of the mill